Tuesday, March 30, 2010

DAY 000: MAKING THE THRILLER MOVIE * * * * *




DAY 000 





 I had a teacher of philosophy at The College of Santa Fe share with me - that if you put one hundred people in a room - asked them to draw a cat on the blackboard - every drawing on that board would be different. 
Some would be long-haired cats. Some short-haired. Some long tailed - some not.
Every drawing would be unique - based solely and simply upon - what a “ cat “ means/looks/feels - to that unique individuals interaction/definition  of a “cat”.  
And yet - even with all those drawn variations of a cat - they all - in the end - are correct.
They all - represent - a cat.
That scenario of thinking - is how I approach making a movie. 
My way of making a movie may differ from your way - or their way - her way - the Hollywood way - but make no mistake - my way...  is “a” way. 
I say this with confidence and pride - for that statement is based on fact.  I have made a full length feature film -  THE ISOLATION OF SUBJECT #136
It can be argued whether one feels the movie is good or not - but the fact that I have made one - can’t be. The movie was written/produced and finished - minus any changes the distribution team deems necessary - by me and a few key people - which I will be introducing to you in future blogs.
Make no mistake -  I am extremely proud of that movie - and maybe more importantly - the “experience” it provided me.
As I wait for the distribution team to work out the path/destination/distribution of that movie - which could easily take ten to fifteen months - I am currently  embarking on my second  Extreme Independent Feature Film - and that is what is happening here - right here - on this blog.
Over the next year I will be posting every aspect of the process - from Day 1 - the writing of the script - to pre-production - to set build - to casting - to filming - to post - to sound mix - to score - to marketing - to distribution. 
    All of it -  right here.  
Mistakes - shortcuts - creative solutions - meltdowns - screenings - re-cuts - the whole process - displayed for you to see... my way - one way - not the only way - but “a” way - “a” way that works - for me.
An Extreme Indie Filmmaking Way.
I look forward to sharing - now with that out of the way - my first video blog entry will be up within hours - so - let the games begin.... it’s time to for the battle to begin! 
I look forward to seeing/hearing/learning about “your” way of making:
Extreme Indie FIlms - too ;-)
O.W. 

7 comments:

  1. WRITTEN BY: Anonymous

    I look forward to watching the process of making the next movie from start to finish. The idea for the script, the writing of the script, and the planning involved in getting ready to do the first day of shooting on location.

    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 03:14 PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. WRITTEN BY: Shirley D

    I see my comment was entered as unknown so I am adding comment under my name. How far along are you now on the new movie? Since you have a poster, I assume the story line has been developed. ????

    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 03:16 PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. WRITTEN BY: 1001Hobbies

    Can't wait to see "your way" of the process. I personally like the theory, as in my case, no formal film education, that if we are not told how we are to do it we are free to create "new" ways of doing it that will differentiate our work from the masses. "Isolation" certainly demonstrates this notion, from what I have seen so far. Can't wait for the release.

    It is a great service to so many aspiring film makers that you are providing here; invaluable. Thank you for making the effort and taking the time.

    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 07:11 PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHIRLEY - i don't have a poster yet for the new horror movie - I actually just posted the image to have something up - that'd be a pretty sad poster lol - posting a video tonight on exactly how far along I am on the movie - been recording video from day one - will get that up tonight!

    Steve - yeah - it's one of the points I hope to share the most on here - there's no one way to get a movie done - and I meet so many that get stalled on their path by listening to people who have all sorts of ideas on how to make a movie - and yet - they have never made one - and then the person trying to make one gets bogged down - thinking they are making a mistake - one of the only forms of art I have found that has so many people claiming they know what's what lol and yet - can't back up their theory with product lol. Lot's to share on here - and look forward to hearing how your project comes along - gonna link and post about your project starting next week - we'll have to talk ;-)

    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 01:33 PM

    ReplyDelete
  5. WRITTEN BY: 1001Hobbies

    Thanks Oak. Looking forward to it.

    I just had an experience today, you never know where you are going to find talent. I had to assist another assembler on the assembly line at work as part of his job set-up was changed. We got to small talking and I learned he does radio, DJ's large events, small events, has several radio voices, has done promos, and was offered to be the Arena voice of the Cleveland Cavaliers, but turned it down due to the short term contract and unforseeable variables.

    Basically, I found my VO person for the radio news announcer I need for my project as well as another extra who understands what the BG performances mean. Best part, will work for food! :P

    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 05:36 PM

    ReplyDelete
  6. WRITTEN BY: Michael Craig/Copernicus Films

    Good to see your new site up and running. Looks great. The whole thing is very impressive

    Saturday, March 27, 2010 - 02:25 AM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Michael C - be sure to drop us a line and lets us know what website addy of yours put on our website links ;-) And we sincerely look forward to interacting and hearing about your projects as well - drop me a line with whatever you are working on and we'll all make sure to mention it in some blogs - supporting one another and hearing views is what it's all about ;-) I mean that.

    Saturday, March 27, 2010 - 04:34 AM

    ReplyDelete